Filming for Raised Voices
A key component for the CARN Conference 2020 will be the use of participatory video filmmaking to prepare the ground in the run up to the festival and focus attention on the four key themes for the festival; Community, Education, Health & Wellbeing and Qualitative Methodology.
Collaborative Action Research Network (CARN) aims to encourage and support action research projects at every level from the personal to the international. The network supports people who are interested in developing collaborative, critical and creative dialogue between practice & inquiry, research & practice and theory & experience. CARN sets out to generate visibility for action research that aims to bring about change both inside and outside institutional spaces.
A key component for the CARN Conference 2020 will be the use of participatory video filmmaking to prepare the ground in the run up to the festival and focus attention on the four key themes for the festival; Community, Education, Health & Wellbeing and Qualitative Methodology. In addition to providing a film for each of these themes, the filmmakers will also capture important messages from key speakers and provide an open platform for delegates themselves to contribute to the visibility for action research by working in co-production with our filmmakers to form their own arguments and present their own ideas and experiences.
The overall aim is to tap into the experience and expertise of everyone attending in order to create a flexible and powerful set of new resources for worldwide distribution and use.
All the materials generated from the conference will be available for anyone involved in action research to use in their own ways and in their own contexts.
The conference represents a unique and powerful gathering of experience and expertise. The filmmaking will endeavour to capture and distil the accumulated knowledge both brought to and generating from the conference process as people engage in collaborative, critical and creative dialogue between practice & inquiry, research & practice and theory & experience.
The intention is to maximise the value, impact and capability of having such an international gathering of experience and expertise concentrated in one place.
This empowering use of media and communications processes and technologies will add to the influence, impacts and authority for the conference and provide a high quality and engaging means for delegates to share peer-tested, key ideas and evidence when they return to their home contexts.
- Up to 30 x short 30 - 60 second films which will provide a platform for individual delegates to contribute experience or ideas which help to deepen understandings of issues around action research for each of the themes.
Filming will be entirely by individual consent. Use of the professional filming resources is entirely voluntary.
- Conference has an enabling structure which celebrates the key mission and philosophy for CARN in terms of Visibility, Support and Networking.
- Responsive recording - a wide range of voices and perspectives will get covered.
- Adds considerably to the written record for the conference.
- CARN has a wealth of new professionally produced awareness raising materials.
- Delegates and action research practitioners and inquirers can use the video content to create their own presentations (using thoughts and ideas of other delegates) as an enabling tool for them to report back the key themes from the conference in their own home contexts.
For further information please contact Iain:
- Phone: 0131 313 8900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org